Why trading internationally isn’t just for big businesses

If you think your start-up or early stage ecommerce business is too small to go global, you may want to reconsider when you discover how the right tools and solutions can bring international growth within your reach. "Misconceptions about what it takes to go global mean growing overseas is often perceived as an opportunity only accessible to big businesses with even bigger budgets," writes Julia Watts. Here, she explores how financial technology (fintech) products, ecommerce platforms, cloud tec...
Continue reading
  0 Comments

9 expert tips on avoiding the pitfalls of customer service

Customer service is the defining characteristic of successful customer relationships yet, despite its maturity there are still many failures in customer service in 2018, writes Oliver Pickup. In this article from The Future of Customer Service digital report, Pickup explores the challenges retailers encounter in delivering high quality customer service and why they're still occurring. He also shares some top tips from top executives and business leaders on what they consider to be "the best...
Continue reading
  0 Comments

Why do shoppers abandon their carts—and what can you do about it?

It's highly unlikely you'll ever walk into your local supermarket to find the aisles littered with abandoned shopping carts yet online retailers find almost 70 percent of shoppers fill their carts only to abandon them instead of checking out. While around 58 percent of all shoppers are researching with no intention of buying right away, that leaves about 42 percent who start shopping then fail to complete their order for various other reasons, says marketer and business analyst Dmytro Tkach. Her...
Continue reading
  0 Comments

How to map out an ecommerce business plan in 1 hour

As more and more people are shopping online, now is a great time to fulfil your dream of launching your own ecommerce business. With the a variety of ecommerce platforms, tools and support available to help you get started, you can set up an ecommerce site in just a few hours. To give yourself the best chance of building a sustainable, profitable business however, you need a business plan to create a structured for launching your business, says branding consultant Victoria Greene. Here she share...
Continue reading
  0 Comments

Four easy ways to increase your online sales

There are lots of ways to increase your online sales. While you're busy focussing on the details of your marketing strategy however, you may be overlooking some of the simplest ways to boost sales by improving the customer experience. "Sometimes it's the simple things that make the biggest difference," writes ecommerce expert Chris Barling, co-founder and chairman of SellerDeck. Barling shares here some simple changes you can make to your website that are easy to implement and will help you mini...
Continue reading
  0 Comments

A beginner's guide for deciding to sell on amazon

  Since its launch as an online bookstore in 1994, Amazon has grown to become the "largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization," according to Wikipedia. With its recent expansion into the grocery category, there are now very few products consumers can't find on Amazon. And the company's "vast influence and presence make it an appealing platform for retailers who want to take advantage of the site's unmatched volume of traffic," writes digital trends...
Continue reading
  0 Comments

From the Community

Pinned Items
Recent Activities
There are no activities here yet

Join Today!

  • #ShapingtheOdds is completely free to join and use, and community members buy into the pay-it-forward philosophy of openly sharing help, knowledge, ideas and advice to fellow community members. 

    Register below, or read more here!

  • We recommend that you register and log in using the Facebook button.